David Burns, M.D., one of the originators of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and an expert in treating depression and anxiety, explains that therapists often overlook a key element to change—the client's own willingness to get better. These are the clients that consistently push back against your therapy methods and then complain about the lack of therapeutic progress.
That’s why he developed the evidence-based T.E.A.M. approach to therapy that is designed to help you improve your ability to offer rapid outcomes—regardless of what therapeutic method you prefer. Crafted from over 40 years of research and clinical practice, this powerful approach offers an effective roadmap to motivate the client to work along with your therapy methods instead of being combative to them—which can drastically speed up the timeframe for healing and elimination of symptoms.
Now in this revolutionary online master class, you'll have the unique opportunity to see first-hand the dramatic results that this approach can offer. You’ll meet a client named Karen who has been living what she describes as "nine years of hell"—a time of severe depression following a traumatic experience. Until now, despite numerous treatments and therapy sessions, nothing has helped her. Watch as Dr. Burns guides Karen step by step to help her break free from the crippling anxiety and guilt, to finally realize extraordinary resolution—all in one moving and incredible session.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn to speed up healing and transform your client outcomes with Dr. David Burns’ practice-enhancing T.E.A.M. approach.
- Discover the scientifically-informed, four-stage process pioneered by David Burns that “melts” resistance.
- Watch David at work in a clinical session with a client who’s been struggling for 9 years with crippling anxiety, depression, and guilt.
- Experience the clinical process from intake to incredible resolution.
- Gain exclusive insight as David shares the thinking behind his clinical decisions at critical points in the session.
- Listen to David Burns answer questions on how to best apply the T.E.A.M. approach to your practice in a recorded Q&A call.
- The nature of client resistance and how it prevents therapeutic change
- Using paradoxical agenda-setting before other interventions to make sure that the client is really ready to change
- Methods that intensify the therapist–client alliance and generate deep motivation for the client’s full engagement in treatment
- How to bring a client’s resistance into awareness
- The process for identifying the positives hidden in negative beliefs
- The 5 steps of paradoxical agenda-setting
- More detail about using paradoxical agenda-setting to melt resistance
- How to customize therapy by varying intensity and method
- Methods for “testing” and tracking the changes in a client’s beliefs
- The importance of addressing relapse prevention as part of therapy
- How to expose the negative self-talk that underlies relapse and help clients practice defeating it
- Necessary steps for creating an effective relapse prevention plan
David Burns, M.D., psychiatrist, behavioral science researcher, and author of eleven books, including the phenomenally successful Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy, is one of the most original thinkers in the mental health field. A central figure in the development of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), Dr. Burns's entertaining teaching style has made him a popular lecturer for mental health professionals throughout the country as well as a frequent guest on national radio and television programs. He has received numerous awards including the Distinguished Contribution to Psychology Through the Media Award from the Association of Applied and Preventive Psychology. A magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Amherst College, Dr. Burns received his medical degree from the Stanford University School of Medicine. He is currently clinical associate professor of psychiatry at the Stanford University School of Medicine and is certified by the National Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Financial: David Burns receives royalties from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: David Burns has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
If you're not completely satisfied, please give us a call at 01235847393. We’re that confident that you'll find this learning experience to be all that's promised and more than you expected.